FUTURITY RULES eligibility based on horse
1. The Futurity is open to horse that are 4 or 5 yrs old. Horses may not have reached the age of 6 in the calendar year of futurity. Horses must be registered and must be sired by a current Ruby Buckle Stallion, be a Ruby Buckle Stallion or be sired by a Ruby Buckle stallion that was previously paid into the Ruby Buckle in the year the horse was conceived.
2. To be eligible for the Futurity, the horse must NEVER have competed in any barrel race prior to the start of their declared futurity year. To do so means to forfeit all fees paid and elimination from the futurity.
3. All riders must be designated when entries are due. Rider changes after that date will be $75 charge and you must complete and submit Rider Change Form.
4. Horses must be checked in prior to running.
5. There will be two go-rounds and an average. Total times of the 2 rounds will determine the winners. The 2D Futurity will be paid on a .75 sec split.
See Race Payout
6. Substitutions are allowed only due to illness, injury or death of nominated horse. A vet’s affidavit of proof must accompany substitutions along with $75 fee. The necessary papers on the horse being substituted must be provided and accompany the change fee ($75). Any substituted horse will be ridden by the originally nominated rider or owned by the original owner and must be sired by a Ruby Buckle stallion. No exceptions. All substitutions must be completed before the close of check-in. There are no ‘buy-outs’.
8. Late entries and nominations will be accepted up until race check in, you will be in the late draw. Only cash or credit cards are accepted at race
Late Entry Fees are: $1000 Futurity + ($200 before August 1 or $300 after August 1) Nomination Fee.
9. No refunds in any case.
10. A photocopy of the front and back of horse’s registration papers must accompany entry. Actual papers showing current owner must be provided at check-in. Checks will be written to owner as shown on registration papers.
11. Current Health papers (within 30 days) & Coggins are required.
12. Dress Code: long sleeve shirts, cowboy hat or helmet, western boots.
All decisions made by the Ruby Buckle are final – we reserve the right to refuse entry to any horse or individual. Any rules herewith can be changed, added to, or denied at the discretion of Ruby Buckle LLC. Ruby Buckle LLC will have the final word in interpreting or supplementing the rules and conditions of the Futurity if the need arises.