Equal payout across the ‘D’s’ in the 4D will ensure that all skill levels of barrel racers have a chance to go home with huge checks.
1. The 4D is for horses of any age. Horses must be registered and must be sired by a current Ruby Buckle Stallion, be a Ruby Buckle Stallion or be sired by a Ruby Buckle stallion that was previously paid into the Ruby Buckle in the year the horse was conceived.
2. The 4D will be .5 sec splits and equal payout in each 'D'.
3. All riders must be designated when entries are due. Rider changes after that date will be $75 charge and you must complete and submit Rider Change Form. If you plan to enter the Open 4D & Futurity or Derby you will run in the Futurity or Derby. Your time must roll over, there is not an option to run in both Open 4D & Futurity or Derby. The only exception to this is if the Open 4D rider is a youth rider.
4. Horses must be checked in prior to running.
5. There will be two go-rounds and an average. Total times of the two go-rounds will determine the average winners. (See Race Payout on website)
6. Substitutions are allowed only due to illness, injury or death of nominated horse. A vet’s affidavit of proof must accompany substitutions along with $75 fee. The necessary papers on the horse to being substituted must be provided and accompany the change fee ($75). Any substituted horse will be ridden by the originally nominated rider or owned by the original owner and must be sired by a Ruby Buckle stallion. No exceptions. All substitutions must be completed before the close of check-in. There are no ‘buy-outs’.
7. Nomination Fee of $200 must be received when race entries are due.
8. Late entries and nominations will be accepted up until race check in.
Late Entry Fees are: $1000 4D + Nomination Fee $200 or $300 cash due onsite.
9. No refunds in any case.
10. A photocopy of the front and back of horse’s registration papers must accompany entry. Actual papers showing current owner must be provided at check-in. Checks will be written to owner as shown on registration papers.
11. Current Health papers (within 30 days) & Coggins are required.
12. Dress Code: long sleeve shirts, cowboy hat or helmet, western boots.
13. Youth Incentive is no extra fee (must enter 4D) and children must be 16 and under at the time of the race.
14. All decisions made by the Ruby Buckle are final – we reserve the right to refuse entry to any horse or individual. Any rules herewith can be changed, added to, or denied at the discretion of Ruby Buckle LLC. Ruby Buckle LLC will have the final word in interpreting or supplementing the rules and conditions of the Futurity if the need arises.